September 29, 2016

Inside the EO: Jenny White


What is your name? Jenny White

Where are you originally from? Chicago

Where did you attend college and what activities were you involved in there? I attended Olivet Nazarene University in central Illinois and was the editor of the school newspaper, as well as a violist in the symphony.

What was your major in college? I received a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and minored in Studio Art.

What was your plan post-graduation? The summer after graduation I was freelancing for the Chicago Sun Times Pioneer Local, as well as blogging for various lifestyle publications. Then I became a graphic designer for Whole Foods Market and I fell in love with design.

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? I decided to work for Alpha Phi because a position opened that advanced the trajectory of my desired career (design and arts management). Having the opportunity to work in this field, as well as for a Fraternity whose goal is to empower and connect women perfectly integrated my various interests.


What is your job title? Program Manager of Marketing and Design

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi? I have been here since August, 2016.

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office? For one thing, Evanston is absolutely gorgeous, especially in the fall. Other than that, I love the office culture and the people I work with; it’s wonderful being able to use my skill set to contribute to Alpha Phi.

What are some of your goals for the next few years? I hope to develop my design skills, make progress on some personal art projects, and perhaps start graduate work!

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Stay active and involved as much as possible, four years go by so quickly and you’ll want to take advantage of all of the opportunities afforded to you as a collegiate!

No comments: