May 20, 2015

Collegiate Perspective: What Alpha Phi Has Done and Will Still Do For Me

With Convocation fast approaching, I can’t help but reflect on the past four years of my collegiate experience. I entered university unsure how I would find my place, who I would call my friends and who I would truly become. I knew one thing was for sure – that I was ready for something new. It all started with a simple suggestion from a friend to check out formal recruitment. I had no idea what this was, or what I was getting myself into, but I am truly thankful to that friend, and now fellow Alpha Phi alumna, for opening my eyes to Greek Life.

As I picked up my bid card accompanied by a beautiful light pink rose, I walked through campus with a smile on my face and my head held high. I knew then that this decision was going to be the start of an amazing chapter in my life. My sisters welcomed me with open arms, inviting me to outings and genuinely wanting to get to know who I was, and what I was all about.

As semesters came to their ends and new ones began, I became more comfortable and confident in myself. With different positions I took on, I was able to learn how to work with people, time manage and truly believe in what I had to offer. In doing so, I was able to put my best foot forward at conferences, in classes and in my daily life. As well, I was and am still able help others come to realize this ability in themselves.


I can confidently say that Alpha Phi helped shape the person that I am today. Even though collegiate life has come to an end, alumnae life has just begun. I’m excited to give back to an organization that has given me so much. Whether that be advising, attending local chapter philanthropy events, or becoming part of the Gold Society – I intend to stay involved in any way I can. Like the popular saying goes, “It’s not just four years, it’s for life.”

Cassie Caranci is a collegiate member at Western University (Theta Eta). Learn more about Cassie by clicking here.

No comments: