March is quickly approaching, which means that the month to hold your Frances E. Willard Day of Service (FEWDS) is right around the corner! We want to make sure that you have a plan in place for your chapter to participate in Alpha Phi’s 5th consecutive year of this meaningful initiative.
- Contact your campus/student life office and research organizations that provide service to women in your community, nationally or globally.
- Contact your local alumnae chapter to collaborate efforts or invite them to join in on your service activity.
- Select a women’s organization that is open to working with your chapter.
- Find a date in March that works with the organization you've selected and when the members of your chapter are available.
- Finalize the date, time and location.
- Send out a communication to all your members with the specifics they need to know about participating in the event. Make sure you have everyone wear their letters to volunteer!
- Take the pre-FEWDS survey to let the Executive Office know what your chapter is up to.
- Participate in FEWDS with your sisters!
- Take “action shot” photos while you are participating in the service activity.
- Post to your social media channels using the hashtag #APhiFEWDS.
- Send a thank you note to the organization where your chapter volunteered your time.
- Recognize the members of your chapter that participated and recap what you accomplished as a chapter by donating your time.
- Submit all of your accomplishments and photos through Chapter News so Alpha Phi International can share it with all our members.
- Take the post-FEWDS survey and share the details of your successful service activity!