February 13, 2015

Inside the EO: Dakotah Lindsay

What is your name? Dakotah Lindsay

Where are you originally from? Outside of Dallas, Texas

Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there? The University of Southern California - Beta Pi (Fight On!)

What was your major in college? I majored in Policy, Planning, and Development, and I minored in Law and Public Policy and Marketing.

What was your plan post-graduation? I originally planned to stay in LA and to work in fashion marketing… clearly my plans have changed!

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? I originally applied to be a ELC on a whim, but once I started traveling, I fell in love with working with our chapters.

What is your job title? Program Coordinator of Collegiate Recruitment

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi? I traveled as an ELC from 2012-2014, but I just started my new position at the beginning of January.

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member? It is incredibly hard to pick one! A lot of them have been centered around recruitments, while I was in school, as a consultant, and as a volunteer. One of my favorite experiences has definitely been the entire experience of working with our Iota Kappa chapter at Dartmouth. I have loved working with them and building a relationship with them. I’m currently in the middle of my fifth Dartmouth recruitment, and I’m so proud of their improvement. I also had the chance to be a part of starting our chapter at Harvard, which was such a cool experience!

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office? I really enjoy working with great people to help improve and support our chapters. I loved working with our staff, volunteers, and chapters as an ELC, and I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to continue to do so.

What are some of your goals for the next few years? Personally, I want to explore and get to know Chicago. I would also really like to better adapt to the cold weather (and get a warmer jacket)! My main goal workwise is to continue to provide the best support possible to our collegiate chapters.

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Enjoy every second of your collegiate experience. It goes by so quickly. Also, stay involved with Alpha Phi after you graduate! I loved my collegiate experience, but I have loved my post-college experience even more.

No comments: