April 3, 2014

Inside the EO: Cassandra Ryan

Name: Cassandra Lindsay Ryan

Hometown: I was born in Discovery Bay, California, spent most of my life in Indiana and the last couple of years in Nashville. Then I moved to Chicago in August for the best winter!

College/chapter: I went to Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana and was a part of the Delta Rho chapter.

What was your major in college? Majored in fashion merchandising with a minor in marketing.

What was your plan post-graduation? Did you pursue a graduate degree post-graduation? I was working at Nordstrom in Nashville immediately following graduation, then decided to re-locate to Chicago to be closer to family and friends!

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? While I was a collegian I was always very involved with the Fraternity. I was Director of Philanthropy, VP of Marketing and Chapter President. I loved every moment of my time in Alpha Phi so wanted to share that same love in my career. I also wanted to find a place where I truly loved coming to work; what better place than Alpha Phi!

What is your job title? Coordinator of Events and Administrative services.

How long have you been working for Alpha Phi? 1 week!

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member? My Favorite memory was bringing the very first Red Dress Gala to my chapter. It is rewarding to see how hard our committee worked and what a success it was. Now I’m able to attend the event as an alumna, as they’ve made it an annual event. Definitely a night to remember!

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office/What drew you to work at the Executive Office? I love the atmosphere, the people and of course being back with Alpha Phi!

What are some of your goals for the next few years? To grow my career with Alpha Phi and travel the world!

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Enjoy every moment in college as you can! Some of my best memories come from times with my sisters and friends on campus. Also make sure you stay in contact and keep those friendships, because then you’ll have great places to visit :).

No comments: