June 11, 2012

The Journey of Theta Delta Chapter



Being a charter member of the Theta Delta chapter of Alpha Phi at Creighton University has by far been one of the best experiences of my collegiate career. I’m more involved on campus, I’ve been blessed with so many opportunities and my sisters have become my best friends.  Working together to build our chapter has been a unique bonding experience, one that I would not trade for the world.  


Without the help of some incredible women, however, we would not be where we are today.  So many fabulous alumnae devoted their time and efforts to ensuring that the Theta Delta chapter would blossom into a successful, close-knit group of women from the beginning.  I know I speak for all of my sisters at Theta Delta when I say that we are eternally grateful; no expression of gratitude amounts to how much we appreciate all of the unwavering support we have received.  From the beginning, these incredible volunteers and employees of the International Executive Office gave so much to our then colony.  

Through Theta Delta’s unique recruitment experience, we had the opportunity to meet many of the alumnae who comprised Team Theta Delta, the group of outstanding women working each day to build our chapter to its fullest potential.  Throughout our semester as a colony, many alumnae stopped in to help out with everything from weekly colony meetings to executive and officer training.  Each department has local alumnae assisting and offering insight as we strive to become the best chapter we can be.  All of these women truly embody a saying that is familiar to Alpha Phis: “it’s not four years, it’s for life.”  Having their support and guidance has truly reassured me that I have made one of the best decisions of my life.  If these women are still as passionate about the organization years after their collegiate experience has ended, I am confident I have found a second home and family in Alpha Phi that will be with me long after I graduate from Creighton.  

No comments: