July 1, 2011

"Fresh Faces" Series

What is your name? Jane Simon

Where are you originally from? Hinsdale, Illinois

Where did you attend college and what chapter were you a part of there?
Gamma/ DePauw University

What was your major in college? Communication

What year are you in College? Do you have plans for post-graduation?
I am going to be a junior in college and this upcoming fall I will be studying Marketing and Business at the University of Westminster in London, England. After graduation I hope to live in Chicago and pursue a career in Marketing.

Why did you decide to intern for Alpha Phi International Fraternity?
This internship connects two things that I really enjoy: Alpha Phi and Communication.

What is your job title?
I am the intern for the Marketing and Communications Department.

How long is your internship at the EO?
My internship is for the summer of 2011.

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member?
My favorite memory as a collegian is all the nights my sisters and I stayed up talking during recruitment! During rush everyone had their different experiences, stories and opinions so the whole house would gather in our informal and share their thoughts of the day.

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office?
Although I haven’t been interning at the Executive Office for long, I have found the social media aspect of Alpha Phi really interesting and I have loved learning about it.  I also appreciate how nice all the women working here are to one another!

What are some of your goals for the next few years?
My goal for junior year is to have fun experiencing the British culture and to travel to many different countries in Europe. As for Alpha Phi, I plan on running to be VP Marketing of my chapter and getting to know all the new members when I get back from being abroad!

Do you have any advice for incoming collegiate members?
I suggest getting to know all your sisters in the chapter. While living in as a sophomore, I was amazed at how different everyone was, but how well everyone responded to one another!

No comments: