January 3, 2011

Staff Profile: "Fresh Faces" Series


Name: Liz Snider

Hometown: North Muskegon, MI

Chapter: Gamma Epsilon at Lake Forest College

Job Title at the EO: Coordinator of Events and Administrative Services

How long have you been working at the EO? I started at the beginning of September of 2010, so I’ve been here about 3 -and-a-half months.

Major in college: Double major in Sociology and Anthropology; minor in Communication

What was your plan post-graduation? I definitely didn’t have a set “post grad plan.” I knew that I wanted to stay in the Chicago area, and based on an internship and past experiences, I knew that I wanted to work in the world of non-profits. However, I wasn’t 100% sure what I specifically wanted to do within that industry.

Why did you decide to work for Alpha Phi International Fraternity? Alpha Phi had a HUGE impact on my collegiate experience and I knew that I wanted to stay involved with the organization after graduation. When the opportunity to work at the EO came up, it seemed like a no brainer. Every day I go to work in an office with people who have the same passion for Alpha Phi that I do, which is amazing.

What do you like best about working at the Executive Office?My position enables me to work with staff members from every department at the EO. In the short time I have been here, I have learned so much about what goes on in each department and what goes into running the organization. Everyone who works at the office is great, so that makes coming to work each day even better!

What are some of your goals for the next few years? To continue to help Alpha Phi advance and to make it the best organization it can be. I would also love to travel more. A couple of my Gamma Epsilon sisters and I already have a few reunion trips planned!

What is your favorite memory of Alpha Phi—as a collegian, alumna, or staff member? It’s so hard to pick one! Attending Initiation at Convention (I attended in 2008 and 2010) is definitely a top contender.

Do you have any advice for current collegiate members? Have fun and enjoy every aspect of your experience. As much as 4 years seems like a long time, it goes by SO fast. Enjoy it!


Kristen Mitchell is the Program Manager of Marketing and Communications at the Executive Office. She can be reached at kmitchell@alphaphi.org.

No comments: