June 5, 2010

On the Road




Ashley Welle (Gamma Omicron-Drake)
09-10 ELC







Life on the road has taught me to expect the unexpected. Even with detailed schedules mapping out my day, there is never a dull moment. One of the most valuable things I’ve learned while traveling is to celebrate every small victory and to appreciate the unexpected. Here is a list of my top ten little victories:

10. Making it all the way through security, the airport, and onto the plane without getting “reprimanded” for having too much or too heavy of luggage.
9. Learning a new Alpha Phi song.
8. Meeting other consultants on the road.
7. Arriving at a chapter that has already provided Diet Mt. Dew for my caffeine addiction.
6. Handing out my Alpha Phi business card - still makes me feel cool.
5. Doing laundry. I never thought I would learn to appreciate this.
4. Making it all the way through my emails in one sitting – take that Gmail!
3. Meeting a fellow Minnesotan – yah sure, you betcha
2. Squeezing in an episode of Glee or The Vampire Diaries. Yet another addiction.
1. Making a new friend – every day.

No comments: