August 14, 2009

Alumnae Perspective

Each month, we'll be having our collegiate and alumane blog writers post about their Alpha Phi experiences. Want to write for the Alpha Phi blog? E-mail aschuman@alphaphi.org

One easy way to give back to Alpha Phi as an alumna is by volunteering.
That doesn’t mean stepping up as a Chapter Adviser…at least not right away; but there are so many other amazing opportunities to support our collegiate chapters.

Volunteering has been one of the most rewarding things I have done since I graduated and it’s a great way to connect with the next generation of Alpha Phis and continue to stay involved with the fraternity at the local level.
From volunteering on a chapter’s advisory board to the House Corporation Board, there are endless opportunities to get involved and all it takes is one phone call or e-mail to your regional Human Resources Coordinator who can put you in touch with the nearest Alpha Phi chapter.

From my experience, the best part of volunteering is sharing my love, passion and enthusiasm for Alpha Phi with the collegians using my knowledge and expertise to help strengthen their chapter and sisterhood. My ultimate goal is for the collegians to understand why I volunteer and in turn they will want to volunteer for Alpha Phi after graduation.

During my time as an advisor, I have been able to travel around the country and have met hundreds of other sisters, all of whom I would never have had the opportunity to meet if I didn’t get involved and I am grateful by all of these amazing opportunities.


Remember, Alpha Phi is for a lifetime!


Lori Lyman-Losee (Beta Rho-Washington State)

To learn more about volunteer opportunities with Alpha Phi, click here.

No comments: