July 6, 2009

From the Executive Director

After a week in the role of Executive Director, I wanted to reach out and thank everyone for the warm welcome that I have received. The first time I logged into my new alphaphi.org email account, I was greeted with a screen full of welcoming emails from collegians and alumnae across the US and Canada. It reaffirmed to me why I am so excited to be in this role. For all the fun and interesting things there are to work on, Alpha Phi is - at the core - about wonderful people.

To share a bit about my background, I attended Iowa State University and was initiated into the Zeta Delta chapter of Alpha Phi where I served as recruitment chairman. As an alumna, I have served as chapter adviser at Delta Zeta (University of Maryland) and Zeta Gamma (Santa Clara University), fraternity education adviser at Eta Delta (CSU / East Bay) and house corporation board president and chapter operations adviser at Beta Psi (San Jose State). I have always loved working with the collegiate chapters, and am immensely proud of the chapters I have had the opportunity to be a part of.

Professionally, I began my career as a software engineer and spent most of my career in Silicon Valley in high-tech management roles. My last role was president of the small-to-medium business division of EarthLink, a national internet service provider. Though I hope to contribute to Alpha Phi’s future in many ways, I am especially excited about how we can use technology to create even closer connections to each other.

Thank you again for the warm welcome and I look forward to meeting and working with many of you in the future as we work to carry on this wonderful legacy that is Alpha Phi.

Linda Wells (Beck) Kahangi

Executive Director
Alpha Phi International Fraternity

1 comment:

brianna said...

Congratulations on your new role!